Directory

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Multi-Color Bookshelf

I've decided my newest project for my apartment. I'm going to incorporate a rainbow-style lighting for my bookshelf. There are only five compartments so I will be using five of the six primary colors at a time. The lights will cycle through all six colors, but the effect will look as if the color scheme is traveling downward ^_^ I think I found something worth looking into.

The problem I see is that the lighting will be coming from the top of the shelf and there will be only two stable shelves, while the other shelves will be free to move around as they please. I will need to take this into consideration in case I decide to make some extra space.

I will be using the pins that hold up each shelf as a guide rail. The lights will be positioned on the front corners of each shelf allowing the light to shine backward towards the items. Thinking about a twenty second delay between each color transition.