Directory

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Interactive Television

Today was a boring day, so I decided to amp up my television by combining an old laptop of mine that was going to be recycled because the screen was cracked. NO MORE! I set up the connection to allow a very nice 1366 x 768 on my 40" Toshiba television. Along with that, I dusted off my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse to make one awesome interactive television. Although, there is an issue with the wireless capabilities of the wireless keyboard. For some reason the keyboard will only type when in the same plane as the receiver, not to mention the limited range. The wireless mouse works just fine. I will look into boosting the signal from the keyboard and broaden the reception of the receiver. Other than that, the system looks and performs amazingly.

Few more additions are in the plans. A unified mass storage device. Looking into getting one that will not crash on me like my 250GB hard drive I had many years ago. I need something that will connect with my fancy router. Also, looking into getting a 5.1 channel surround sound system for the television. I can't imagine it working too well with the laptop, only because I have a simple 3.5mm audio jack that will allow only stereo sound. Which I don't mind because I want the system for my LG Blu-Ray player and DVR systems.