Directory

Monday, May 23, 2016

My Brand - A Self-assessment of My Goals

Greetings all,

Over the past few weeks, I have been collecting my thoughts about where I see myself in the next few years.  Many friends and relatives are moving on with their lives and I fear I may have become fixated on staying stationary.  I lack inspiration to do anything productive.  In an odd manner, I feel more productive at work then I do with my own prospects.  This may heavily rely on the fact that I make money by performing work.  COLOSSAL CONCEPT!

A few discussions with my sister has me thinking about going off and starting my own business, again.  The first and foremost, to obtain an independent source of income one must identify what will be generating that income.

What skills do I have and what can I apply from them?
  • 3D modeling
    • Understanding of working space.
  • Water filtration systems
    • Understanding current methods to purify and move water.
  • Structural metal buildings
    •  Understanding the limitations of materials, even steel has a breaking point.
  • Injection molding and polyurethane molding
    • Understanding modern production of low-cost high-strength materials.
  • Acoustic suppression systems
    • Understanding that making something acoustically pleasing is just as important as aesthetics.
  • Microsoft excel (VBA)
    • Understanding basic programming.
  • Manufacturing solutions
    • Understanding basic processes and order of operation.
 Know that I have laid out my skills, I need to apply them to my personality.  What defines me as a person.  Why would someone want to go into business with me?  What is the connection between my brand and my skills? 
  • Calmness
  • Consistency
  • Curiosity
  • Drive
  • Focus
  • Humor
  • Imagination
  • Open-mindedness
  • Optimism
  • Originality
  • Practicality
  • Pragmatism
  • Resilience
  • Simplicity
  • Solitude
  • Spontaneity
  • Uniqueness
 So, what's the connection?  What are my potential customers' needs?  What can I bring to the table that no one else can do?  What will keep them coming back for more?

If I truly want to change the world... What do I need to do?  What will be more core value in which I build my commercial infrastructure?  How about:
Focus on Imagination with emphasis on Curiosity, Originality and Uniqueness; Simplifying Practical Solutions with an Open-minded and Optimistic Approach.

The short version will have either a cool acronym or a meaningful correlation.